Tuesday, May 17, 2011

World's Best Ruins

Angkor, Cambodia - I really enjoyed this place, its cost me 100 dollars just for the Visa but it was worthwhile to see the World's Best Ruins city. It is incredible that people can build something like this on 10 century. Thanh Dia My Son Ancient city, My Son is good to see too as small scale compared to Angkor, most of My Son temples if you pay attention these 2 architectures are different one was built by layering the bricks and Angkor was completely by stones. Cham dynasty vs. Khmer architecture. They are both fascinated me. See my old entries.

War or natural disaster might have weakened the Khmer Empire's ancient capital, but ultimately, it was the jungle that conquered this ninth- to fifteenth-century urban center. Today, the densely forested 150-square-mile Angkor Archaeological Park protects part of a vast cluster of ancient capitals, many of which remain buried. The park's most famous temple, Angkor Wat, is the world's largest religious building. But the park's dozens of other ruins, including Bayon temple with its wall of 11,000 carved figures, offer quieter glimpses into the art and architecture of this culturally rich 600-year period.
http://travel.yahoo.com/p-interests-40006586
I need to see all of these places.