Thursday, May 20, 2010

Buddha and lunch

All that we are is the result of what we have thought. If a man speaks or acts with an evil thought, pain follows him. If a man speaks or acts with a pure thought, happiness follows him like a shadow that never leaves him.
All things appear and disappear because of the concurrence of causes and conditions. Nothing ever exists entirely alone; everything is in relation to everything else. Things happen for the reasons. Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. It is your conscience or morality.
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream too much of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. We have to do good the present for the future and the past cannot change anyway. The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, not to worry about the future, but to live the present moments wisely and earnestly. It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.
On life's journey faith is nourishment, virtuous deeds are a shelter, wisdom is the light by day and night mindfulness is the protection by night. If a man lives a pure life, nothing can destroy him. To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one's family, to bring love and peace to all, one must discipline and control one's own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to enlightenment and all the wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him.
When I watched 60 minutes last week, conductor Gustavo Dudamel's musical mission has said that music creates discipline, character and team work. And if you have this kind of discipline from the beginning of your life, it's something so when you give a little violin to a little kid, you feel like you're doing something which is life-transforming?
I believe to learn music it is a discipline. So if I have children I will encourage to play music at the early age but sometimes it is hard because it depends on the environment of the child has been brought up. "Dam me/Obsessed" with music or any form of art/sports is a good thing so you can devote your free time on it. The process that you learn will creates a discipline and your own character. It is important to me not how big you become but how you use your time in life that makes life more interesting to live. It is not a new car, a new home or new things but how you spend your time. People bores with their life so they need to buy a new thing or even to marry to make life more interesting but that is not the case. If you're happy with your single life eventually you will happy with a marry life... ./.tv
Experience is not what happens to you; it's what you do with what happens to you.
Aldous Huxley

Lunch anyone? I made lunch and cook for the whole week usually I prepare on the weekend. 5 boxes of salad and 5 sandwiches or croissants like this for 5 days. It means I have to eat the whole week the same food for lunch and dinner people says that they cannot eat the same food for the whole week but it did not bother me so I can have a lot of time to do the things I like. I am very lazy to cook everyday. I like to cook but not everyday. At work someone told me I should patent it like my patents of the easy way to live. I like to live very simple life because I think the more simple, the better you will become. I got sick of eating out in Saigon on my last trip in VN. In Saigon around 6 pm if you go out on the street you can see people eats everywhere in all corners and walkways, I never see anywhere that have that much restaurants as in Saigon. "Saigon di tim nha nang ma chi gap toan la nha hang. Uoc gi nha nang cung la nha hang."