Thursday, November 12, 2009

Luck

If you bought AMD share yesterday and today you could make 22%.

NEW YORK -- Intel Corp. is paying $1.25 billion to Advanced Micro Devices Inc., its largest rival in the market for computer processors, to settle all antitrust and patent suits, the companies said Thursday.
Intel ( INTC - news - people ) said it has agreed to abide by a set of "business practice provisions." In return, AMD is dropping suits in the U.S. and Japan, and withdrawing complaints to antitrust regulators worldwide.
AMD shares soared $1.19, or 22 percent, to $6.51 in morning trading. Intel shares edged up 13 cents to $19.97.
http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2009/11/12/technology-industrials-us-intel-amd-settlement_7115522.html

When you have a PC/laptop a chance that its CPU(Central processing unit) is 80% from Intel and 20% from AMD. Intel has 80% market share of world and AMD has 20%.
I have AMD and Intel in my portfolio. So far I make 96.63% this year on AMD and 4.27% on Intel. I think that AMD and Intel are good for a long term investment. I only know hi-tech stocks well so that the only thing that I invest. I did not have luck yesterday I bought a different stock, I should buy more AMD. Sometimes in life, you need luck to make $ or to meet someone.